Gobi Paratha Recipe
Parathas are a beloved Indian bread delicacy, and one variation that stands out is the delicious Gobi Paratha. Made with a flavorful filling of spiced cauliflower, this wholesome and hearty dish is a favorite among both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. In this blog post, we will walk you through a detailed recipe for making Gobi Paratha from scratch. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the perfect blend of flavors and textures!
Ingredients: For the Dough
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt, to taste
For the Filling
- 2 cups cauliflower, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Prepare the Dough:
- In a mixing bowl, add the whole wheat flour, salt, and oil. Mix well.
- Gradually add water and knead the mixture into a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
Prepare the Filling:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, and green chilies. Sauté for a minute.
- Add grated cauliflower, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat until the cauliflower is cooked and any excess moisture evaporates.
- Add garam masala and fresh coriander leaves. Mix well and remove from heat. Allow it to cool.
Assemble and Cook the Parathas:
- Divide the dough into small lemon-sized balls.
- Take one dough ball and roll it into a small circle using a rolling pin and some flour for dusting.
- Place a spoonful of the cauliflower filling in the center of the circle.
- Bring the edges together and seal the filling inside the dough by twisting it at the top.
- Flatten the filled dough ball and dust it with flour.
- Roll out the dough into a paratha of desired thickness, taking care not to tear it.
- Heat a tawa or a flat griddle over medium heat.
- Place the rolled paratha on the heated tawa and cook for a minute.
- Flip the paratha and apply oil or ghee on the cooked side.
- Cook for another minute until golden brown spots appear on both sides.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough balls and filling.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Transfer the cooked Gobi Parathas to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with yogurt, pickle, or any chutney of your choice.
- You can also pair it with a side of raita or a bowl of mixed vegetable curry.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves for an added touch of freshness.
Conclusion: Gobi Paratha is a delectable and wholesome dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The combination of the soft and flaky paratha with the spiced cauliflower filling creates a burst of flavors in every bite. The crispness of the outer layer complements the tender and aromatic filling, making it a satisfying and comforting meal.
This recipe allows you to recreate the authentic taste of Gobi Paratha in the comfort of your own kitchen. The simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps ensure that you can enjoy this delicious dish without any hassle. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is perfect for everyone.
The beauty of Gobi Paratha lies in its versatility. It can be enjoyed on its own, accompanied by a variety of condiments and side dishes. The tangy and cooling yogurt, spicy pickle, or flavorful chutney perfectly complement the flavors of the paratha. You can also pair it with a side of raita, a refreshing yogurt-based dip, or a bowl of mixed vegetable curry for a complete and satisfying meal.
Read Also: Authentic Jolada Rotti Recipe: Taste the Essence of Karnataka
One of the best things about Gobi Paratha is its suitability for different occasions. It can be a hearty breakfast option, a wholesome lunch or dinner, or even a great choice for picnics or packed lunches. The parathas can be made in advance and stored, making it convenient for busy schedules or when you want to enjoy a homemade meal on the go.
So, gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and embark on the culinary journey of making Gobi Paratha. Let the aroma of the spices fill your kitchen as you prepare this delightful dish. With its enticing flavors and comforting textures, Gobi Paratha is sure to become a favorite in your household. Enjoy the warmth and satisfaction that comes with every bite, and share the joy of this traditional Indian delicacy with your family and friends.
Vivek Agarwal is the co founder & COO of The Wanderer India & NV Rise an internet based company. Passionate about helping people through social work, he empathizes with worldly struggles through his poetry. A passionate digital marketer who loves to plan and manage marketing strategies to build a brand’s visibility online.
View all posts